The Eleanor Nation FAME Scholarship
The AMEA believes in the importance of developing outstanding future music educators in Alabama. The Eleanor Nation FAME Scholarship and $1000 award recognizes upcoming music educators who set high standards for themselves and offer inspiration and direction for others. Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on academic and musical achievements, essay content, and strength of recommendations. The winning applicant’s essay will be published in the AMEA magazine, the Ala Breve.
Mail application and supporting materials to:
AMEA Executive Director
1600 Manor Drive NE
Cullman, AL 35055
- The applicant must intend to register as a full-time music education major at an Alabama university in the following fall.
- The applicant must have attended FAME (Future Alabama Music Educators) at an AMEA Professional Development Conference.
- The applicant’s current music teacher must be an AMEA member.
Nominations should be accompanied by the following:
- An essay of no more than 1200 words based upon the following questions: What are the factors that influenced you to become a music educator? Why should all students have access to music education?
- A sealed, official high school transcript.
- At least three letters of recommendation. One must be from a current music teacher and the others can be from anyappropriate source, including a classroom teacher or guidance counselor.
- Application is due by May 31. The AMEA Governing Board will make a decision at the June meeting. Notifications will be made in early July.
- The Eleanor Nation FAME Scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient’s university before the fall semester.
- Award will be presented at the AMEA Professional Development Conference and the recipient will present their experience at FAME.